Monday, March 4, 2013

Olsons Corridor


Man on a Stick
They forced their religion into me
Shoved it in my mouth and nose
So I couldn't say no
And slapped me on the back leaving
So they wouldn't hear me scream
Back at them
That they were followers of nothing
And had no morality
No kindness
No artistic taste
So they could go on believing
And worshipping
A man on a stick
And keep whatever they had received from their crimes.






Enlightenment
Enlightenment
Something switches on
The humanist in the human
Who no longer believes terror necessary
But human rights
Their love not of gods
But mankinds
Skeptic amongst skeptic
Tearing down the cover
Of superstition
Of witchcraft
Of ignorance
Shining the light on the awful wounds
And demanding each infection
Take its medication.










My Death
Huddled cold the dark night embraces
The days brutal hot slowly erases
Left a stem with no flower
Slumped over with no power
I stuff my face with disgrace
And go to bed before the hour

Pain I take what I can
And medicate the rest
A bullet is my dream
Shot straight at the center

All throws thrown
My chance blown
Dedicated and wrong
My death is my own








Watery
There is no hope
There is no love
Only a chair and a remote control
But no self control
I change the stations until I change myself
Fidgeting in discomfort
Trying to escape into the TV
Wired to the thin story line
And watery characters
I become a thin story line myself
And a watery character












One Day
I add my resentment to my "to do" list
And make sure I wear my bad shoes
Put water in my cereal and spoon
The disgusting mess into my mouth
I put on the jacket that is too small
And make my way to a job I hate
The elevator stinks like monkeys
And some man pesters me in French
But with enough English for me to understand
That he wants some of my money

I make my way to my cluttered desk
And pull the most challenging file from the mess
Plunging into work like a mole
My feet hurt and my arm is getting stiff
I take a break for lunch with Al
I hate Al, he can go to hell
The unfaithful son of a bitch
And some of us don't even have wives
I chew my food and listen
Reaching in my brown bag for more
But that's all I brought

I take the worst route home
Through the construction zone
Someone tells me to "get the fuck out"
I go the wrong way and end up at a ravine
There is the sound of some woman shouting
At a boyfriend who is walking away
I stop in at the convenience store
And seriously consider stealing cigarettes
But I don't know if the owner is watching me
And I don't smoke

In my bedroom I take out my revolver
And put it to my head several times
I hear a distinct ringing
And put the gun away under the bed
I drink straight out of the tap
And eat the last of the cereal like chips
While watching my one channel on TV
Before bed I count the change on my dresser
I lye down on the bare mattress
Reminding myself mentally to do laundry
If mom calls, I won't answer
I fall into a dream and the very same life
Comes at me distorted.








Drug Suicide
I light the fire and inhale the smoke
Cough a bit and almost choke
Fire ascending the doobies ending
Time to do my special coke
Again and again now some heroin
Inject that shit its sure to please her
Without warning here comes my seizure
Flopping like a fish the needle stings like a bee
With shaking hands I unwrap the foil and take the LSD
Frosty elephants come out of my breath
As I kneel down bleeding to take another hit of meth
I wipe my burnt finger on my pants
All the colors and patterns begin to dance
I'm breathing heavy I want to run
Doing so much drugs is so much fun
A bit more crack and it's time for bed
Instead I just collapse and am found dead.








The End of Size
The end of size
Mushrooming cucumber
Bent to break
Penetrating the loaf
To put one in the oven
A sideways glance
"You asshole" over the intercom
A bit of sauce squirts on the floor
And a baby squeals
Looking straight at me.








The Duel
Arriving nowhere
Nobody steps out
Heart aimed at nothing
He has come for no one

Opposing him is anything
Anyone draws a gun
Shooting anywhere
At anything

Everyone comes to the rescue
Saving everybody
For every day forward
From everything








Thoughts for Nothing
I really started something evil
In pretending there was agency
Running from life to wicked pleasures
Of art and drugs and masturbation
All to please a certain whore I named God
To dance in her light with all the freedom
Of an adolescent tripping on E at a rave
And believe whatever hallucination provided me with
And hear whatever voice arose from my intoxication

All for nothing I suppose
I renounced the whore God and kept living without pleasure
Disinterestedly reading Nietzsche in a profound depression
Out of love out of creativity out of time
I suppose the pen was my only friend
And when a story couldn't lift my spirits
A drawing could
I couldn't face a social life
The anxiety of being fried in judgement
With questions
The nervousness and awkwardness
Of who I thought I was
And the terribleness of it.








Like Them
Ultimately the shoe fit
I wore it out of spite
Of my ugliness
Spat in the center of the sidewalk
And kept thinking
Along these lines
Walking to an ocean
That never comes to see me
Strongly believing
Issues no one cares about
Feelings arise like foam
Tainting all my thoughts with ignorance
So that I am just like those I hated
For believing without thinking.










Wretched Enjoyment
Moon beam highrise
Dry crispy and bright
Each seed reaches its destination
And blooms into an ocean
A smashed coke bottle
And dried blood
Each contestant
Dragged
Kicking and screaming
From their home
To enjoy this fucking happiness
Made for them
Who would rather be inside
In a game
Or a show
With drapes drawn
As a true cave dweller.






Clouded Company
Souling the depths for change
Moralizing the story
Telling yourself it is the way it ought to be
I've met your type before
Suspending belief
To pull the next tarot card from the deck
Even finding coincidences
In toilet matters
How could any of that be true?
Yes, you agree, how could it?
Then you go on talking
As if a medium was a magical person
And even into Jesus you believe that too
How could you not?
If another persons conviction is good enough
Never in a million years would you ever see something wrong here.
If there are no lies, there is no truth.





Out of Mind Experience
Sorted confused
The path unending
But for me
A blip in the system
The grand universe against
The mind behind my two eyes
The mind behind the mind
And the mind behind the mind behind the mind
The metamind
And outside that
To float in a sort of communal objectiveness
Like the little bird that sees everything
An out-of-mind experience
A relationship with symmetry, pattern, repetition
And a headlong dive into death
Perception fizzles










A Dream
Dipping into consciousness
Pansy rose supplex
Passes my face
And glances my skin
I roll over not quite awake
I'm about to race
And no passive lucidity
Can stop me
I touch the ground with my hand and feel the dirt
Like that guy in The Gladiator
Smell my opponents and sneer
"Eat my dust"
The gun fires
And I shoot out full speed
Ahead of the pack
I am full pumped with adrenalin
Packed with the happiness of winning
And a giant generic super bowl crowd cheers me on
To the finish line
Where I explode with endorphins
Looking upon the losers sore faces
And the excited crowd of friends
All perfect and supportive
This was what was wanted of me
I won
And forever this moment exists as mine

"How stupid" I mutter upon waking
The sunlight of high noon blades across my bed
I feel terribly low
That dream
I go to the fridge and get a glass of water
Is that what I wish for?  To win a race?
I find the toilet and piss
I feel hungover from the dream
And it pesters me
Like some ghost of myself
Pretending to be me.








Legends
Find the facination
Stir deep in the pot with your hand
And bring up the limbs of your ancestors
From the soup that is history
It is in there for you
In Dostoyevsky
In Melville
In countless others whos souls are sheets of writing
Legends
We must stand on these giants
And cast our net ever deeper into the sea
Ripping and dragging truth to the shore
So our eyes too can beam with necessity
To affirm it
As they have done.








Why Do I Have to Die
I know
With a materialistic view
There is no fairy tale
To ressurect me
But why do I have to die?

Gloomy bean bag head
Why is it me dead
In my nightmares and daydreams
I die

But why?
In order for evolution
In order for children
In order for-
But me?
Stop existing?  But why?
Why do I have to die?

Eternal life
Is an eternal lie
I am body entirely
When I have to die
There will be nothing left
To call mine
But why do I have to die?










Lost Destiny
Shattered infinity
Time pieces itself together
And finds man
Destroyer and builder
I sit alone in my dingy
Preaching nothings of my heart
To the sweetness of the empty ocean
My heart sinks lonely
I want to get out while I can
But the current takes me away from shore
And the waving friends on the beach
Grow further and further away
Until they are just a mirage








All Lies Twisted
fidget wild
the sun never forgets
all lies twisted
a sullen smile for the toast
to better days
i am overawake
taking each step lightly
not wanting to jar my brain
the leaves at my feet
and the trees who spat them
thoughts so disordered
it is as though i mixed them
mashed them
with brain working overtime
to find reason in this mess
to find beauty again
caught up in the deadly game
of thinking out loud








Embodiment of Being
My self has lessened.
Once grew here the opened sore of the world
Now grows the opened sore of the individual
His needs over the worlds
Nothing grandeur twinkles
Or shines through a thought.
Morality suspended
Or at any rate, unconscious
Firm wanderings with no adventure
Straight to the store
Straight to the item
Accustomed to no eye contact
Thoughts down or up
Never level
I eat an odd meal
And write a few texts
Yawn over a lazy afternoon
Of negative symptoms
Looking backwards and forwards
And now
I grow seasick
And wish for involvement in some game
Or engrossment in some book
But I don't want to escape the moment
To leave aside the here and now
So it sits with me
And I reside in it
I am conscious of time
Because I check it
Conscious of my feeling
And the embodiment of being.








Machine World
The world
It winds tighter and tighter
In my head
And I feel the pressure of all sides
Until I cannot imangine
Anything at all really exists
It's all just a fabrication
Of pluses and minuses
Inanimate human brains pulsing
Like machines
Walking mechanically
Regurgetating nonsense
Soiling the planet.








Lonely Night With You
Into a summer mess
Out like an egg raw
In its own realm
Where no beauty could touch it
Fiddling with the pliars
I know what you are up to
And as the sun goes down
Feelings press on the windows
And escape through the cracks
The melancholy of death
Marches through every room
And no one is lonely enough.








Brilliant
So brilliant
And no one to see me
No one to tell that I'm brilliant
No one I can tell how brilliant I am
So I tell myself to myself that I am brilliant
So brilliant
I keep staring thinking
How brilliant?
And suddenly I'm puzzled
Brilliant to who?
Brilliant?
Alone.  Alone.  Alone.
And I no longer feel brilliant
But fading into a loneliness
And suffering
Of everyone.








Suspicious Kind
Notes of empty
Passages and crimes
Sending wierd messages
Between the lines
Open to freedom
Closed to war
Broke and eaten
Sleeps on the floor
My time is now
When is it new
Make me proud
With everything you do
Send some shivers
Down my spine
Do some art
Of a suspicious kind.






Getting Back
The glorious or not so glorious
It glimmers back and forth
Being and not-being
Are two agents in the puzzle
When I say now
Pull the trigger
And shoot me full force into life
Into doing, accomplishing, making friends
Find a way to get back
A revenge against the inanimate brick wall of death
And the sour taste
Of bad thoughts.








Awful
Racing thoughts
I wonder her fo-
I don't want to talk about it
Just let go
It is what it is
I don't need to be a Romeo
Just pass back and forth
A shadow moving in a room
An asexual, nonreligious, a man-
Surrendering
Sleep
I won't be bothered
But I am
I get up and scratch my head
It's awful that I die and do not understand.








Forced to Remember
What might have been
Trips me, overcomes me, silences me
I have nothing but my memory
A slick looking binder with pages missing
I walk backwards through my life
Judging myself, praising myself, hating myself
Supersaturated with myself

I look to you
That you might have some repose
From all this remembering
And all you do is pull up the chain
Of your own past
Opening your mind like a giant suitcase
Revealing everything inside
Judgements in multicolor
Trauma hangs loosely and falls to the floor
As if I am to look at that especially

Instead I look to the stars
And wonder how far I can throw my mind
Into the galaxies beyond
Before I die of remembering
Selves and self
Declining health
And one glance
At the inevitable
The ugly truth of death
And all eternity dies
For an alone
Too alone to exist longer.








Reaching for Something
Everything minced
The crowd grows softer
I float through the people
Looking for a washroom
I find one and piss
Lost in some pattern
I desire nothing but a clearing
A single serving of liquor
Fixated on a stream of consciousness
An uninterrupted flow
Of thoughts wandering
A tangent branching
Into many interesting digressions

Back to my hole
I kick the blanket off my pacing strip
And put on music
Mad or displeased or confused
I treat my loneliness with drugs
And find a way to settle down
Back into a black brain
Concerned with nothing
And left dancing
With no thoughts
The music still playing
As I lay on the floor
And begin snoring.








In the Garden
Little flowers of words
Swaying in the breeze
Conscious becomes unconscious
As I stare into the blur of colors
I am rounding out
Solidifying
Hearing whats within
A gentle music
The last twitches of life
Beside the first twitches of life
I am signed out
Left in the garden
From between the leaves 
I stare out at the humans
Like a gnome.





Unsupported
I am unsupported 
I could fall at any time
All my pain
Comes out in every line
I make the day lonely
And the evening bright
Sweat depressed all day
Then later on write
I am unsupported
I have no fame
Not even my closest friends
Can pronounce my name
I waver and display
Rot and puke
Complain and discuss
Criticize and rebuke
And nothing gets done
In my emptying mind
Nothing gets finished
It forever unwinds.








The Special Excitement Of Me Is Death
I feel a little odd saying it
It comes out quivering
Like a chicklet out of an egg
And I sense that you don't wanna hear it
I sense that it doesn't need to be said
And yet out it comes

I erase and start over
I settle for a little less than what I wanted to say
I give in to my self-censoring
And change

Nothing comes out of it
There is no ending
Tomorrow everything will be the same
And I may try again

The special excitement of me is death
I am glad I know that I die
I am interested in the fact that I do die
I crave my worldview to be widespread
But it is rare
And I am alone in what I believe to be true
Like a schizophrenic

No comments: